I realized my introduction to me in my old blog was from several years ago. I think it is important for someone to understand the lens a blogger is observing the world through. Mine is through a Jesus-loving, passionate, social worker perspective. Here are 50 fast facts to assist you in understanding my perspective on life:
1. My name is Alycia Marie.
2. I am 25 years old.
3. I am a proud owner of a 1 year old puppy named Wyatt Earp.
4. I have a soon to be 18 year old sister!
5. I have very young parents.
6. I have 4 grandmothers and 4 grandfathers (all living).
7. My favorite color is mint blue.
8. I have a CNA from Waukesha County Technical College.
9. I have lived in 5 states, 3 of them twice!
10. I have a BS in Psychology from Wisconsin Lutheran College.
11. The longest I have lived anywhere is 8 years in St. Louis.
12. I have a Master’s in Social Work with an emphasis in Child & Family.
13. I am a country, city girl. I prefer living in the country but being able to visit the city.
14. I have been to at least half of the states in the USA.
15. I love road trips.
16. I am an extroverted introvert.
17. I love people.
18. I have worked with people from the unborn to 90 years old.
19. I love kids.
20. I have a photographic memory that sometimes forgets.
21. I want to own a home one day and host people every Sunday dinner to build community.
22. I have worked with pregnant women and teens for going on 5 years.
23. I want to be involved in women’s ministries for my whole life.
24. I am a bookworm.
25. I have a chronic illness.
26. I write for Tirzah magazine.
27. My best friend lives 2 hours from me and we met when we became roommates.
28. I had two best friends in college and everyone called us The Three Musketeers.
29. I want to own a farm.
30. I enjoy painting buildings and have assisted in painting 2 of the offices at my work.
31. One of my hobbies is decorating.
32. I spend 2 hours a week on my planner.
33. I spend at least 5 hours a week of my work driving.
34. My favorite car feature is my sunroof.
35. I love country music and hip hop.
36. I love zip lining.
37. I am going skydiving with my Grandpa Pat and sister next summer.
38. I would rather camp than stay in a hotel.
39. I would love to do public speaking, have kids, and write a book one day.
40. I tried being a vegetarian but now eat meat almost every meal.
41. Kentucky is my favorite place on earth.
42. Wisconsin is becoming my home.
43. I love to volunteer with Compassion International in my spare time.
44. Mexico was my first time of the United States.
45. I love to create new food dishes.
46. I have 4 best friends.
47. My favorite tv show is BONES.
48. I did not have a tv growing up.
49. I love Superman.
50. Most importantly, Jesus is the most important part of my life. He gave me my calling, my car,my family, my puppy, and everything I have. He is my very best friend.