One of the most important things you can do is understand how God designed YOU! In the Bible it says:
God created every individual person with unique strengths, viewpoints, and callings. Throughout life you discover those gifts and utilize them to help develop who you are as a person. A quote I saw recently said:
This quote holds some truth to it. Life isn’t a journey of finding out who you are – it is a continual process of being who God intended you to be. God gave us free will and the ability to create our lives within His will. While on this journey called life there are processes you can use to assist you. As many of you know my background is in Psychology and I love learning about the human mind. Throughout my years of social work I have found many resources to assist in finding who I am and who I can be in Christ. Today I thought I would share with you some different fun assessments to help you discover your identity in Christ.
- The first is the MBTI. This is a personality assessment that helps you discover how you see the world. My personality is INFJ (Introvert, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging). I am an advocate at heart – using creativity to spark desire in mankind to help every individual for the betterment of society. That’s what I learned about myself through this test.
- The second is the Spiritual Gifts Inventory. This assessment is designed to help you discover your God-given gifts related to spirituality. For example, mine are wisdom, discernment, exhortation, and leadership. For myself, I agree that these are indeed my gifts as they are all unique pieces of what make me a social worker /writer.
- The third test is the StrengthsQuest Assessment. This assessment costs money but is worth it in my opinion. In social work, we are taught to bring out the strengths in people rather than focus on the flaws. This test finds your top 5 strengths and help you build on them. For example, mine are: intellection, input, futuristic, learner, and discipline. You can learn your strengths and build upon them. I was required to take this test freshman year of college and found that I utilized these strengths to be able to make it all the way through graduate school.
- The fourth test is the Enneagram test. This assessment is similar to the MBTI and assists in discovering your personality type. For example, I am a helper, peacemaker, and individualist. As you can see by the names alone, that fits perfectly into the MBTI’s INFJ assessment. These two tests work congruently in discovering your God given self.
- The final test is the Sacred Pathways Assessment. This assessment assists you in discovering your connections to God. It helps you discover the best ways to feel holistic and truly on a spiritual level with your Creator. For example, my pathways are ascetics , (True story – once upon a time my dream was to live in a cabin in the woods, have food dropped in, and write books for a living-God showed me that there is such a thing as too much solitude however!), caregiver, and contemplative. I recently took this assessment but clearly agree with the results. I am looking forward to using this knowledge to connect with my Creator.
God created each and everyone of us unique and unlike anyone else. The beauty of this is we can all take all 5 of these assessments but will never all have the same results. Use these assessments to create who God intended you to be. Use them to connect to your Creator. If you are someone who follows my blog regularly or knows me well, you can see that these tests have very accurately depicted different pieces of who I am. Ultimately you know who you are but maybe if your searching or just looking for something fun to do, you will find them useful!